Earlier in the week, I posted some pictures of my meal prep for the Tone It Up Look for Love challenge on my Instagram page. One thing that I posted was my Dark Chocolate Raspberry bites and lots of people commented on it saying that they, like me, have a sweet tooth and it’s difficult to completely cut out sweets. If you have the nutrition plan, you know that Tone It Up can be rather flexible and the plan DOES allow for little treats here and there. Today I am sharing the small bites that I make and store in my refrigerator. When I get a craving for something sweet, I can just grab one of these to satisfy the craving. If I DON’T have healthy treats around, I am MUCH more likely to go overboard and eat something completely off the plan (e.g. a big bowl of froyo). I am also including some of the small bite ideas that my followers shared with me, as well as my favorite sweet treat for M2 (morning snack).
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cups: melt dark chocolate and spoon a tiny bit into mini muffin cups (use liners!), mash raspberries and spoon about 1 tsp into each cup, top with another spoonful of chocolate and sprinkle with unsweetened coconut flakes
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates (with or without a dark chocolate drizzle): cut out the pit of a medjool date and stuff peanut butter (and a peanut or 2) into the date, drizzle with dark chocolate if desired
- Almond Cherry Cacao Energy Bites
- Coconut Almond Butter Truffles
- No-Bake Crispy Quinoa Bars
- Chocolate-Dipped Clementines
ADDITIONAL IDEAS FROM MY FOLLOWERS:
@jennriley28_tiu: So Delicious vanilla coconut yogurt with chocolate PerfectFit protein powder
@brieannazig611: Greek yogurt bark with fruit and dark chocolate drizzle
@jillianpennington.tiu: chocolate covered strawberries
@revolve_yoga: 3 ingredient chocolate (raw cacao powder, coconut oil, maple syrup) then add quinoa crisps, dried fruit, or coconut flakes
PS: When I’m in the mood for something sweet earlier in the day, I love making apple nachos for my M2! Just slice apples and drizzle with whatever toppings you like! I use peanut butter, dark chocolate chips, and unsweetened flaked coconut. YUM!